TTB needs mods, nominate NAJA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TTB needs mods, nominate NAJA

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Fri May 24, 2013 9:31 pm

sounds like im so far off my rocker that you ought to throw me in a rubber room, lock the door, and dissolve the key in sulfuric acid.

But what thelerner said rang too true in my head: "Counter balance".

Who better to balance the weight of moderation than "the other side" of the spectrum?

I might come off as too abrasive in my personal pursuits, but i do not dishonor a job. if i am appointed to a task, any task, and i willinglt commit, the task takes precedence over my personal views. always.

So as a moderator on TTB, i can gaurentee that my opinions and say will be taken into account before action takes place, and i will enforce the transparency, even against the wishes of other mods, i will spam their lies and truths in public view. if they dont like it, they dont have to be "transparent" and therefore dont get to be mods.

Think about it.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TTB needs mods, nominate NAJA

Post by WWROA on Sun May 26, 2013 5:07 am

You want me to post that in the TTB for you?

Discussion about more mods have kicked up
WWROA
Admin

View user profile http://taouncut.forum.com.bz

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Sun May 26, 2013 2:25 pm

portray me as the "counter balance" and argue that the reason i was kicked off the forums is ALSO the best excuse to become concierge, and combine the best of both worlds; the free man, anarch, ruled by no person; and those who are obedient to rule and abide.

If the moderation "team" isnt balanced with both extreme yin and yang and subtle yin and yang, then the moderation team is in direct contradiction with Tao, and therefore unfit to "rule" as such they are currently doing.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Sun May 26, 2013 2:45 pm

lol here's my "campaign speech"...

So long as people are governed; so long as people are taxed; so long as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are considered "constitiotional" yet not INTRINSIC rights; so long as FREE WILL is not the basis of LAW; so long as the human heart is placed second behind the human brain, the madness will NEVER END.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Sun May 26, 2013 3:35 pm

Done
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 pm

lol shit, you're serious? dont get flamed and attacked on my account. geeze...
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Sun May 26, 2013 4:34 pm

well it's kind of funny... other than having the job description added to the mix, i dont think anything about my posting habits would actually change at all.

I've always had a sense of what i am doing is to teach others and to learn from others, as a mutual benefit... and in the case of my recent "unsavory" comments, neither was i learning from our community, nor was our community learning from me. we came to an abrupt obstacle whereupon both parties ignored each other.

In a sense, i've always been "back seat moderating". in the sense of Free Will and the truth between right and wrong. NOT in the sense of following "the rules".

Terms of service come second to terms of Humanity. And it would be taken upon myself to uphold humanity first, and the ToS only as a last resort for resolving dehumanizing behavior.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 am

Yep.

We'll it is done... no flaming yet haha

I won't put up with it anyway.

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Mon May 27, 2013 3:34 pm

Righteous.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Tue May 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Most of the mods have been people who were doing really high quality posting. When they started being mods, their Taoist content posting dropped dramatically.

Just like me when i get impatient and start focusing less on personal practice, and more on public relations- i come off as a violent terrorist Laughing

I know they worked hard on the board, devoting many many hours to it, and some in particular often were harrassed by pigheaded souls unhappy with particular decisions who seemed to think that all the mods had to do in life was answer questions and justify decisions. Moderating seemed to take a lot of time in technical or refereeing stuff, leaving mods (a lot!) less time for the juicy content posting they used to do. Finally they resign from modding, and then we don't hear much from them, sometimes for a very long time! That makes me sad!

So I actually DON'T want Lerner and Zerostao to be mods!

becoming a mod should be the first line of punishment before a suspension Laughing sounds like "community service" aye?

So who could moderate?

Me.

[quote] Picking the most level headed, wise, and mature content posters may help the board with moderation, but I think it lowers the level of content posting, and even ends up driving these people away after the board "uses them up."[quote]

I'm proud to know a member can see this and not get indignant about it like ME....

Picking people who like to post a lot but don't seem to add much to content doesn't seem likely to raise either the moderating standard or the content standard... and certainly we don't want folks who tend to be contentious to be mods! If modding the board uses up all the best content posters, what happens when we run out of willing people? Do we need to pay someone to moderate? Of course then we'd all have to pay to play, or at least to post.
All the more reason to consider me for moderation. I'm willing to put myself in that position without compensation; that is the results will compensate us all and not just me - something i can take pride in.

Does anybody else see this as a problem?

Laughing i was silenced for trying to exemplify the severity of the issue. got too "violent worded" cuz words take lives people! ban violent words, they are as dangerous as GUNS!!!

Or maybe there's some way to have moderator helpers, a way to take some of the load off the mods. More appreciation would probably help, and maybe even more pressure on pigheaded (sorry, that's the word that keeps coming up for me) folks who can't just surrender to the fact that thetaobums IS a sort of dictatorship, in that we are having a conversation in "Sean's drawing room", not in city hall! It is NOT a democracy. So get over it!
YOU get over it. this is evolution. even democracy is not "a democracy" in the context of the word!!! I am opting to install a form of "community service" application for moderation. it will help members feel connected to their community as well as not feel like slaves to the ToS.

I don't have the computer system, tech skills, or the time to help with modding, and frankly, I'd rather post content than try to make decisions about okay vs not okay. But I do really appreciate the time and energy many good mods have put into making TTB the great board that it is, and I'd like to see us find ways to ease the toll the job seems to take on these generous people.

I dont know much, but i can learn. problem is, at my age, i am expected to know everything about everything about everything there is to know about anything i engage myself in, and that is a contradiction of hte academy and my pursuit of happiness. so...

Im willing to learn, are you willing to allow me?
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Immortal4life on Wed May 29, 2013 5:38 pm

I don't take "thelerner" seriously, everytime I'm about to move to a new topic, he gets all whiny and butthurt about the old topics that are on their way out, lol. He has no intuition that way, and that isn't being socially intelligent, predictive, or "forum savvy".

By the way, 7 days to post a topic on here? Guys let me post new threads and I'll do my banned from TTB threads here.

Immortal4life

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 pm

your Banned threads are always fun Very Happy
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Hard Trojan Von Nut on Wed May 29, 2013 8:58 pm

I ought to nominate VMarco since he's right on the same boat as me. and this proves it:

I love people,...and because I love people, I do all I can to help ease their suffering,...even the cancers, like Christianity, which they cling to for their identity. A Christian is not the disease of Christianity, just as a woman with breast cancer is not Breast Cancer. I love the woman with beast cancer, but am intolerant of the breast cancer.

It is not that i hate the people who contribute to the disease, but the disease itself that has infected these people to contribute to its dominion of human will.
Die Hard Trojan Von Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu May 30, 2013 5:15 am

There is a crew of them who moan about everything.

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top