I would like to warmly welcome the war!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I would like to warmly welcome the war!

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:39 am

Ah many thanks! I agree 100%

That is one reason the wolf is important to me Smile

It can be your best friend or your worst nightmare Smile as above ^ with 自然 + 朴 also

I think when you find harmony with Nature you find hmm "grace" also?

I crossed out the "freeing oneself from selfishness and desire" haha was starting to sound like buddhism (death) eh?? haha

Yes we have to be as you say above I think.

WWROA
Admin

View user profile http://taouncut.forum.com.bz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 am

WWROA wrote:Ah many thanks! I agree 100%

That is one reason the wolf is important to me Smile
It can be your best friend or your worst nightmare :)as above ^ with 自然 + 朴 also
I think when you find harmony with Nature you find hmm "grace" also?
I crossed out the "freeing oneself from selfishness and desire" haha was starting to sound like buddhism (death) eh?? haha
Yes we have to be as you say above I think.

LOL! I am glad you also sense the Buddhism-vibe there too! Seems like you are one of the outstanding 24 who got a bigger brain to know what Taoism should really be like. The wolf is really a scary animal (to me) because I am even scared of those dogs that bark at my face, honestly, it's VERY scary when any pets like dogs or cats come up to you and start scream anyway.. LOL! I am not joking but I once saw a dog coming for a FRIENDLY hug and it flew on my body... holy shit! That is so friggin scary that time and I don't know what to do cuz it's my student's family dog! HAHAHA! Now imagine a wolf! Wah!

Now going back to your point.

"I think when you find harmony with Nature you find hmm "grace" also? " - I think you mean something else but you ran out of words didn't you? The word "grace" sort of relate to something more JC vibe instead (at least to me, I just google this word to double check I am not misunderstanding your point).

Maybe this work better?

"I think when you find the way to survive in nature, you will also earn your happy days and happy days to come?" Just like when a village fought out the wild beasts in the ancient time (when they invent hunting as self-defense against the beast and animals), then you exile them out of your way and your earn your "happy days and happy days to come" because you gained your territory and therefore you can survive without disturbance from then on.

Not to forget, defense is always needed even threats are not there, because of your display of defense, you also avoided troubles and threats that might come in your way. Just like putting an alarm and surveillance camera at home will prevent burglars too. If you don't do it, they will think your house is an easy target and have that funny thought!

Is this what you are kinda trying to say?
Mak Jo Si

View user profile http://www.chiinnature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 am

hmm I was trying to find..I think a Taoist story about a wanderer who jumps into a waterfall... they all think he will die but he survives..comes out laughing or the like... and he tells a little story about the Tao.

a. Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people.
b. The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.
c. An excellence or power granted by God.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

+ Beauty / Charm etc as such would be...

for God you could change to Nature if you like.

I think when you have a good understanding of Tao/ Nature ... grace as defined above is bestowed or becomes quality of the person.

So I can look a wolf in the eyes and I will know it and it will know me and there will be mutual respect... the wolf will not harm me and the wolf knows that I will not harm it, and we will run through the wild together Very Happy

I have had dogs since I was a baby :)they are like family to me

hahaha

I was raised by wolves!! Razz
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 am

WWROA wrote:hmm I was trying.......I was raised by wolves!! Razz
I found you on YouTube man, hey is this you?

youtu.be/OwXG5b7HFKg

Actually we don't talk about a "God" in Taoism, especially like the theory of "Gods" are like the boss on top of us watching down like we are puppets and they are the "controller" of this world. Uh, that's not Taoism. Nature, is really just nature, plainly.

Yet, the problem is, your ideal concept sounds good, but then, not many animals are "nice" by nature. Just like human being, some are tricky, scammy, greedy and nasty too. Like you ever tried going to school or to work, and you just wanna help people out or do something for the place for good intention.. and then somehow you were being taken advantage of, betrayed or even harmed? Maybe those who work in offices feel this more than you, and animals are the same even they are living in the wild.

The problem is, there are good dogs and also bad dogs, there are good wolves and bad wolves, there are good people and bad people too. The point I want to make is, there isn't grace, but only wisdom can help you tell who to really trust. Maybe you can feel the wolf, but if that wolf is a bad greedy and sneaky guy, they take advantage of your innocent and ... scam you shit.

I just saw a nice movie on Netflix awhile ago about this indian guy lost in the sea and left with a bunch of wild animals on the boat and he lived with a leapard, a tiger, a zebra and a donkey on this boat for a long time.. trying to survive. Man, it really illustrates this point so well, I wish I can find that movie's name for you. hahaha.. that tiger, I thought he was touched and felt the guy's love when the guy even hunt fishes for that tiger to eat... but hell, after the tiger ate, he wanna go eat the guy again! GREEDY BASTARD! Hahahah! I don't expect that too, but it really shows how nature works. At the end, the guy made his DIY spear and scare the shit out of the tiger. Later on, he used the spear to stab a piece of meat and start to tame the tiger by using this thing.. and soon, the tiger is afraid of him and finally don't want to fuck around him anymore but to stay quiet. You see, peace is not there until you do something to ... earn it. LOL!

In Taoism (Tin Yat Lineage), we do not believe or agree to something is granted to you by "god' or something like those big boss above. They don't control or interfere with this world. Everything in our life is control by our hands ONLY and so we must strive to survive and fight/work for what you want. That's our theory. Smile
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:33 am

I think it may be Life of Pi?

Maybe Wisdom could be used with Grace also.. in what I am trying to say...

This is attained by the self... though a quality of Nature I would say... but a transcendent quality.

When I speak of Gods/Goddess I suppose I would consider them like ancestors (family) / immortals maybe?

My theories/ thoughts are based on many things.

I like to study many things East to West + experience... I am more a wanderer than anything (but not all who wander are lost Razz)

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 am

So... one attains it, but it is also given by or a quality of Nature, being the primordial

So I am become a great artist... but Nature is still the foundation.

Where does my talent/ drive ability come from to begin with?

What gave me eyes to see, mind to imagine, body to move etc
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:40 am

HAHA! that baby + cobra, funny Smile
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:42 am

WWROA wrote:hmm I was trying to find..I think a Taoist story about a wanderer who jumps into a waterfall... they all think he will die but he survives..comes out laughing or the like... and he tells a little story about the Tao.
Btw, NEVER trust this kinda story, LOL!  Try jumping down the waterfall yourself and see if it work that way in reality. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  I mean it, a lot of these "stories' that sounds so ideal and stuff is just brainwashing sometimes. People think of those "oh this is good" or "oh this is peace" etc.. and the 'good feeling" there they induce to people make them forget that this is not real and not how the real world works. A lot of those "children story" is like that too..

Oh thinking of this, I wanna give you this example... you know there is a story in Buddhism where they talk about how that Buddhist think he is so "wise" to feed the tiger with his own flesh and shit?  Ya, that story is just... sigh!  Whoever believe it need to really see how real tigers are like. Even some say it's just a "story" to bring out a message, I always like to say this - can't you bring out something real and from reality instead?  Making up some fake stuff and preach it can be dangerous you know? What if a kid really think that way and they just toss their body into the forest for the tiger's lunch? Gosh...

---

"Life of Pi" I think so..? LOL! I really forgot, but.. could be. It's a great movie overall. My fiance (Lau Jo Si) was watching it and I was drawn to the TV and glued to the movie for 2 hrs, LOL!

"When I speak of Gods/Goddess I suppose I would consider them like ancestors (family) / immortals maybe? "

In Taoism (Tin Yat Lineage), we do not have gods or godness, nor ancestors that become one. It's hard to explain to public sometimes, but I will be bold to just say it upfront. Deities or immortals are not made-from-human, and so yes, we are against a lot of "fake gods" in Traditional Taoism too. Just because they are there for a long time in history, doesn't mean we have to blindly follow it, especially when we know it is wrong. I am also like you, I learn and speak from experience. My experience with the traditional stuff taught me what's wrong, and that is why Tin Yat Lineage is kinda... WILD to people. Ya, it's really wild, we overthrown a lot of fake shit in Taoism for thousands of years. But again, I am just saying, this is Tin Yat Lineage's stance, and people can choose to agree or disagree, no big deal~

"Maybe Wisdom could be used with Grace also.. in what I am trying to say...This is attained by the self... though a quality of Nature I would say... but a transcendent quality."

I think you are right here. If I understand correctly.

I can feel you do think on the same pattern as Tin Yat Lineage Taoist with that kinda logic, but then, there are things you mixed in which we explained it differently. LOL! It's okay though, I know you are wandering around and trying out things. That is part of the journey of everyone's life. Some of my students had wandered a long long time before they settle in with me too. That Tin Yat Taoist guy here is a westerner who really researched and digged into these things a LOT before he found me too.
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 am

WWROA wrote:So... one attains it, but it is also given by or a quality of Nature, being the primordial
So I am become a great artist... but Nature is still the foundation.
Where does my talent/ drive ability come from to begin with?
What gave me eyes to see, mind to imagine, body to move etc
Sometimes, some people say - why the hell you shit me into this world mom?

Now you know.. only the people who achieved happy results and life will think like what you said above. HAHAHAH! Those who end up in shit stage in life, they will be like the opposite and start to blame nature then?

Um...

Instead of blaming or the opposite of which you introduce, we think about striving for the best with our own effort instead. So there isn't anything to blame when shit happen - but yourself...
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:49 am

What do you think of 天志上 - Will of Heaven ?

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:54 am

WWROA wrote:What do you think of 天志上 - Will of Heaven ?

Is this a movie? or....?
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:52 pm

CHINESE WAYS OF LIVING

Sunnie D. Kidd & Suncrates

This work begins with an idea presented by Thome H. Fang. In speaking of Confucianism, Taoism and Mohism, Fang says that recognition of a common ground, a view of life comprehensive and profound, would indicate the highest achievement of Chinese thought. Fang says:

I firmly believe that the point of convergence among these vital systems of thought should be found in the affirmation of life and its precious values. From this vantage point we may come to see clearly the common ground of Chinese moral life.1

Confucians come to think of life as originating in Heaven and they elucidate the meanings of benevolence, justice, propriety and wisdom on the basis of nature that has been conferred by heaven.2

Lao Tzu begins with the primordial root of life for the purpose of showing that Tao together with Teh is a living spring of moral excellence, along with benevolence, justice and propriety.3

Chuang Tzu says that life is comprised within justice; the justice within virtue; the virtue within Tao; and Tao is comprised in Heaven.4

Mo Tzu develops a theory of universal love identifying all purposes of life with the will of Heaven.5

We see that the ground of morality is found in the universal life that is permeated with values. We come to see that Tao or Heaven is equally the primeval origin of life. The metaphysical implications of this are that all things find their origination in the Tao or Heaven and live incessantly and continuously through the process of transformation from what is actual to what is spiritually ideal. Tao or Heaven asks for nothing but embraces all things.

Now we will look into the nature of a common moral standard. Fang presents a description of morality:

Morality is the essence of life inasmuch as it is the concrete embodiment of the values of life.6

Two themes stand out, for Fang, in each system of thought: for Confucianism measures of moral life are found in empathy and sympathy; for Taoism measures of moral life are found in compassion and kindness; for Mohism measures of moral life are found in love and benefit:

That the Mohist principle of identifying all purposes of life with the will of Heaven, the Taoist attempt to bring all things within the embrace of Tao, and the Confucian endeavour to subject all the cosmic activities to the originating power of Heaven are only different versions of what I have called the principle of comprehensive harmony or the doctrine of sympathetic unity in spirit.7

These six themes: empathy; sympathy; compassion; kindness; love; and reciprocal benefit as measures of moral life are of integral harmonious relation.

Empathy is a going out of oneself. It is identifying oneself with others in thought, feeling and action. Sympathy is the entering into community as a whole with all forms of existence. It is an all-pervading unity. Compassion and kindness are expressing the same spirit of love, benevolence and beneficence. Love is the basis of benevolence and justice; and reciprocal benefit is identifying all purposes of life with the will of heaven. In this way one contributes to the world all one has in oneself.

These six themes share basic characteristics of Chinese thought: the realization of human perfection; inclusiveness; and complimentariness.

Human perfection, within and without is basic to Chinese thought. This inclusive view naturally places the emphasis on ethics and the spiritual life. The cornerstone of Chinese morality is familial virtues. With love and respect, the beginnings of perfection are established in children through the parents.

Inclusiveness of views rather than exclusiveness leads to a spirit of harmony. This brings forth tolerance and sympathy. Complementariness looks for harmony in different modes of life and brings them together into a whole. Tolerance for the thoughts and actions of others promotes sympathy and appreciation.
I think one only suffers due to not understanding Nature / Will of Heaven

I think we now have generations and entire nations of people who do not understand... so much suffering everywhere.

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wisetaobuddy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:22 pm

I think we now have generations and entire nations of people who do not understand... so much suffering everywhere.

WWROA
Admin

View user profile Send private message Send e-mail [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

of course we all will suffer and the suffering itself will lead us to self realisation and this eventually will make us think and act better.Like I say no fall no pain and no suffer no gain We should work our way down to the top not the other way round.This is the life is all about.

wisetaobuddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:49 pm

WWROA wrote:
After reading this article you provided (which I take out to save space..), I must say that it is not even a Taoist point of view, but a new age thingy instead. The way how they interpreted the Tao Te Ching is not right in our point of view, because they don't even start with the right book. Sigh. But again, that is Tin Yat Lineage of view, you do not need to agree.

We Tin Yat Lineage do not agree with Confucianism in general, but then doesn't mean they are wrong 100%. They do have values and good influence to bring in some order to the world, but then, overall, it is not the best way to go in our point of view. If you observe, Confucius, the found of Confucianism, he is very crooked himself, and have no virtues as a husband and a father himself, and we do not see how a man who cannot help himself can help the world. He live in a life of promoting his own theory, but you know what? When the king rejected him, he didn't even try to convince, he left and gave up already. Many years of here and there, his life end up with nothing but only a bunch of students. You can say his later students did a great job at making his path blossom, but him? Uh... no.

Anyway, back to the topic of "will of heaven".

If you want to use the word of 'heaven", we must know what we are talking about in common first. Heaven as in those heaven like another world? Or heaven as in the Chinese 天 like the sky (literally) / nature. If you talk about "will of nature", and that is already wrong. You might realize that nature is have no feelings, and so how can it have will?  It doesn't have will, but only have a pattern to operate by itself.  You live in this pattern and it's your choice to follow and flow with it, or you go against it and fight it. Taoism (TYL) agree with flowing with nature, but not be a coward. This is the hard part to explain. Going with nature doesn't mean sit back and let things "work it out themselves". It does require WISDOM and planning and so on for things to work out in the way you want too.

Also, if you look at that article, they are thinking that the world is so "human centered" in a way, and that is not what we TYL agree with too.

Maybe one thing you want to know and might be interested in hearing is our Taoist cultivation in TYL, which is called "Real Self Realization".

But yet, everyone on earth now live in a "post-heaven" world, and the influence of post-heaven world is unavoidable, therefore, those articles that talk like the one you quoted is really nothing practice to even read. It's like day dreaming, and ya, it makes you feel good, but it's useless, because it's not reality, it just sounds good to the ears only - like many new age stuff, or communist ideal dreamland thing, which never worked and will never work.

Sorry for the long reply - but I want to emphasize that I am just expressing TYL Taoism point of view, and not trying to argue, convert, convince or whatever people to believe or agree with us. Everyone have the rights and freedom to choose their own way, theory or whatever. We are just here to express our view, while we do welcome opinions, questions, etc in a mature and civil conversation.

Last edited by Mak Jo Si on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:56 pm

I agree with what you are saying for the most part... do not worry about sorry / say what you like Smile

I do not mind if we disagree.

Chiinnature 3 days ago (youtube)
In Taoism, our view of spiritual is beyond your mind works and mental state, which also involve what we call Taoist magic, and it involve cultivation of a form of non-earthling energy, and learning how to travel into other realms and so on with soul-travelling, experiencing and witness the stuff normal human being cannot see, and those are real spiritual things that human cannot see or touch, but we can, because we got the method to achieve it. That's my definition of spiritual....
Smile

hmm I agree with this^

What I am saying is I believe there are intelligent cosmic forces at play/ some divine, some mundane

the will of heaven coming from the most pure/ highest aspect of Nature...

I believe all Nature is conscious... so there would be divine and mundane levels of consciousness...

the theory of evolution was from the bottom up... my theory of evolution works from the top down.

Or that the most divine forces are pulling us forward into greater potentials... maybe you could call this destiny?

like how a teacher gives his students problems to figure out...or basic training to more advanced ...the student has to work through to become greater.

The teacher is already fully realized aspect of the student... the teacher (divine) is the full potential of the student (mundane)...

The teacher knows the student better than the student knows himself...

the teacher (nature) is the will of heaven helping his student become the best he/she can be...

the student must want this though, must search for it and work towards it.

the teacher at first is hard on the student, but as the student grows the teacher begins to allow more responsibility and benefits (grace) to the student when the student has proven him/herself.

so level 1,2,3,4,5 etc...

with practice + gathering of wisdom the teacher (Nature) begins to show more of itself, teach more of its secrets to the adept student.

New worlds begin to be revealed... hmm I guess the student meets the teacher half way...  

Say with an Oak tree..the destiny of the oak is within the seed (zeropoint) ... so its fullness is already manifest within the seed... it just needs to be revealed - by its own willpower + the power of the Sun (Will of Heaven)?

So this would be the uniting of heaven + earth? *shrugs* haha

I think... Razz
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:28 pm

[quote="WWROA"]I agree with what you are saying for the most part... do not worry about sorry / say what you like Smile

I do not mind if we disagree. [quote]

I like this attitude of yours, which is why I am here. I also do not mind if you or others disagree. We just share or put our stuff on the table and let each others read/see it, and if you like it, taste it, if you don't, then leave it. Simple as that. Right? Very Happy 

Your theory / what you wrote does actually make sense, but then we have abit more details or systematic way to explain it further. Doesn't mean you are wrong though, because I do agree with you at some point but just that the theory can be explained further and connect to Taoism stuff even more, which lead to further understanding of many things people are always curious about --- Taoist magic, where is the celestial realm, what are deities and immortals, etc.. and so on.

Before I start explaining more, maybe you heard of the word "pre-heaven" and "post-heaven" before? Just like pre-heaven bagwa and post-heaven bagwa. Have you read up on these things before?
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:39 pm

no I haven't
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:47 pm

WWROA wrote:no I haven't
Um, then you must have heard of the Tai Chi diagram right? Maybe it's so common that you never realized what it actually means? Take a look at this:

After this, you realized that things are very interesting when you know the deeper meaning to things. Pre and Post heaven is also discussed in these pages too. But to make it simple, I will try to explain in short here.

The word "heaven" 天 in Chinese, Taoism, is referred to the nature of ours, meaning planet earth. Anything before earth or outside of earth's realm, we call that "pre-heaven". So anything that is after earth is born, or anything earthling or earthly, we call that "post-heaven".

The "Chi" that most people talk about, the vital energy, also goes deep into this theory too. Chinese medicine and Taoism speak the same in this field!  I got a link for you if you feel like reading abit!

If you want we can elaborate or discuss more!

Last edited by Mak Jo Si on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Ah thanks, I will do some reading Smile

I'll get back to you.
WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:05 pm

I am pretty new to Taoism.

Tao Te Ching I've read a couple of times, a few folk tales Smile haha

I get tied up with health + political topics and other things haha

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:13 pm

WWROA wrote:I am pretty new to Taoism.

Tao Te Ching I've read a couple of times, a few folk tales :)haha

I get tied up with health + political topics and other things haha

I see! Well you hosted this Tao-Uncut forum though, I thought you are another Taoaddict like me! LOL!

Health - we talk about this a lot in Tin Yat Lineage too! But not politics. I don't like to get into politics because it is very sensitive when we as a religion or sect representative talk about this kind of things. So I avoid those things to avoid troubles too!

As for Tao Te Ching, you might want to try my Tao Te Ching REBORN I posted on another thread if you got time to kill. For sure it will bring you some new perspective! Smile
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by WWROA on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes, I have had a quick look at it Smile

Many things open ha ... so much to do and learn/ so little time

Yeh, I am a little strange eh? lol

Haha yeh politics... I am in disagreement with most of it!

I like to share knowledge so people can be free of the system (lie) - physical + mental prisons

... return back to simplicity + nature etc as discussed above

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WWROA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mak Jo Si on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:48 pm

WWROA wrote:Yes, I have had a quick look at it Smile

Many things open ha ... so much to do and learn/ so little time
Yeh, I am a little strange eh? lol
Haha yeh politics... I am in disagreement with most of it!
I like to share knowledge so people can be free of the system (lie) - physical + mental prisons
... return back to simplicity + nature etc as discussed above

LOL! You are right, I also disagree with many many many political stuff too. But then, what can I do as a normal citizen? Right? Instead of messing with these authorities who got the power to mess me and my business up more than i could to them, I decided to stay quiet for these things... because somehow religious people talking about politics can draw in more troubles than normal people, you know?

But ya, back to nature and stuff! LOL!

So after reading a bit more on my stuff, what do you think?
Mak Jo Si

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum